Following through on stupid ideas


Sure, every guy says things like "Wouldn't it be awesome if someone made a .....?" The difference between me and "those" guys is that I actually see the stupid ideas through.

Examples? OK.
  • Competitive belt sander racing.  I made a belt sander racer that won second place in the BSRA US Nationals at Las Vegas in 2007. 
  • How about the six cheese nacho cheese fountain?  This one was even covered by Geekologie and yes, it links to another of our blogs. 
Today my favorite son-in-law Nathan and I were watching a Food network show on pies and Nathan says: "Everything tastes better in pie form."  I really can't argue with that statement, but for fun I just had to retort with something stupid, so I said "Even cake?" and he said "Yes, Cake-Pie would be delicious."  I thought about it for a few seconds and had to agree.  So off we went to the store to buy the ingredients for what we knew was destined to be become a classic dessert. 

Oreo Cake-Pie w/Bryers Oreo Ice Cream & Oreo Fudge Creams.
The picture above is the result: Pie crust, white cake with reduced fat Oreos crushed into it.  Why go to all this trouble just to use reduced fat Oreos?  Because we know what we're doing.  If you've ever dunked a RF Oreo into milk then you know what happens; and why this makes them uniquely suited for inclusion into cake batter. 

In the bottom pic you can see the improvement that we made to our Cake-Pie by adding a scoop of Breyers Oreo ice cream and dicing up some of the new Oreo Fudge Cream candies.  That's right, this isn't just a Cake-Pie.  No, it's a Candy, Cookie, Ice Cream Cake-Pie!  It's basically a Man-food Leatherman!  

No comments:

Post a Comment